Chef knives are in plenty from different outlets, but we cannot assume that all the sold chef knives can take up the tasks. Professional chef knives are multifunctional knives used for most cutting ranging from slicing, chopping, and dicing. Therefore, these knives have a robust, stable, and sharp blade for easy cutting of different foods. To ensure you only buy the best quality professional chef knife for your household use, here is our review of the top ten best-rated professional chef knives in 2023.
- Best Professional Chef Knives
- 10. Shun Classic 8 Inch Chef’s Knife with VG-MAX Cutting Core
- 9. PAUDIN Pro Kitchen Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- 8. Nineponder 8 Inch Professional Chef Knife
- 7. MOSFiATA 8″ Super Sharp Professional Chef’s Knife
- 6. Cutco 1728 7-5/8″ Petite Chef Knife
- 5. TUO Chef Knife 6 inch – Kitchen Cooking Knife
- 4. Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Inch Chef’s Knife
- 3. Farberware 5160714 EdgeKeeper Chef’s Knife
- 2. Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s
- 1. Mac Knife Professional 8 Inch Hollow Edge Chef Knife
Best Professional Chef Knives
10. Shun Classic 8 Inch Chef’s Knife with VG-MAX Cutting Core
Every chef desires to have a knife that they can use for multiple cutting activities in the kitchen, and this model is a great option. This is a versatile chef knife you can use when preparing and serving foods around the kitchen area. The knife is made of stainless steel materials and a touch of tungsten to add sharpness to the edge. The curved blade of this knife is another feature we like since it makes cutting different items smooth and easy.
- This knife has Shaun and tungsten materials that add durability and sharpness
- The knife is versatile in cutting jobs at the kitchen
- The pakkawood handle is ergonomic to give good grip and comfort when working
This is an all-around chef knife you can use in the home kitchen or restaurant. The knife has quality materials crafting and is super sharp for easy cutting through.
9. PAUDIN Pro Kitchen Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to acquire a reputable chef knife. How great is that! This knife costs less than 40 dollars, but it is a recommendable knife to consider buying from the materials to the functioning. The blade has quality carbon stainless steel crafting that does not rust and corrodes. So, you can use the knife to cut most foods, and you can also clean them with water at all times. This knife has a thickness of 2 mm, one of the reasons it is recommendable for most cutting jobs.
- This is a multifunctional chef knife for every kitchen
- The knife is made with premium and quality carbon steel materials
- The knife has a beautiful pattern design that adds a great look to the tool
If you are not satisfied with the function and quality, you have the right to return it claim back your money.
8. Nineponder 8 Inch Professional Chef Knife
If you want to have the same experience when cutting your food ingredients as a professional chef, get this fantastic chef knife. First of all, we can’t ignore how gorgeous this knife is. It has beautiful patterns that make it look elegant on your kitchen counter. Other than the design, this knife is highly sharp such that it cuts vegetables with every pass. This is a chef knife you will use for a very long time since it features premium high carbon Japanese VG10 steel crafting; so, it is solid and durable. The handle may be made of wood materials, but it has a classic finishing.
- The blades are sharp for extraordinary cutting experience
- This knife is super beautiful
- The blade has rigid materials to handle tough foods in the kitchen.
This knife has high carbon Japanese VG10 steel that is quite sturdy and 67-layer Damascus steel cladding that increases its toughness.
7. MOSFiATA 8″ Super Sharp Professional Chef’s Knife
This is a knife that will stay sharp for that perfect cutting, dicing, slicing, and even carving experience in your kitchen. The knife has a solid and razor-sharp blade and still comes with a sharpener so you can keep the edge to your preferred sharpness. The high carbon steel material crafting ensures the knife is strong and remains sharp throughout. Also, this is a knife that will never rust or corrode even after exposure to any form of wetness.
- The handle is contoured to grip perfectly on the hand
- This chef knife comes with a sharpener and edge guard
- The knife has a beautiful pattern finish
This knife is made of High German stainless steel materials that do not discolor, rust or corrode.
6. Cutco 1728 7-5/8″ Petite Chef Knife
Expect nothing but the best experience when working with this knife in your kitchen. The blade is suitable for professional restaurants since it is sharp and versatile. The sharp and strong edge of the knife stays sharp for long and cuts most foods. The blade is universal as you can use it to slice, dice, cut, and even carve foods. It is a lightweight chef knife that does not bulky your hand when cutting.
- This knife stays sharp for a very long time
- The handle of the knife is ergonomic for comfort when working
- This knife is relatively light in weight
This chef knife has a full tang that provides excellent balance. The blade is solid and razor-sharp for reliability.
5. TUO Chef Knife 6 inch – Kitchen Cooking Knife
This is another chef knife that is also recommendable for 5-star restaurants by professional chefs. The German carbon steel crafting ensures this knife handles any foods and cuts effortlessly to save your time. Therefore, this is a multifunctional chef knife you can utilize for most cutting activities in your kitchen. This knife has a blade size of 6 inches long which is quite manageable since it is light and portable. On the other hand, the handle is made with premium quality wood materials that are treated against water damages.
- The handle of this knife is quite comfortable easy to grip
- This knife is light for portability
- The blade is super razor-sharp for smooth cutting
This is a multifunctional German carbon steel crafted knife ideal for every kitchen. The knife is relatively light for portability and comfort when working
4. Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Inch Chef’s Knife
A high-standard chef knife ideal for people in professional culinary jobs! This knife is relatively light to make sure you are comfortable slicing, dicing, cutting, and even paring. The knife has a blade made with quality stainless steel materials that have been treated against rust and corrosion. The taper-ground edge adds strength to the blade such that you can effortlessly cut through some tough foods.
- This knife has a comfortable handle that has an ergonomic style
- The knife comes with a limited lifetime warranty against the manufacturer’s defects.
- Maintaining the knife is easy since you can hand wash it.
This knife is made with high carbon steel materials that are strong and durable. The knife does not rust, fade or corrode so that you can rinse with your hands.
3. Farberware 5160714 EdgeKeeper Chef’s Knife
This is a great budget-friendly chef knife to get for your home use. The blade may retail at around 10 dollars, but it has quality stainless steel construction for durability and efficiency. With a weight of just 0.25 pounds, holding this knife to cut your vegetables or fruits is bliss. The handle also has been crafted with an ergonomic angle so your hand can comfortably contour around for excellent gripping. This knife comes with a sheath designed with a built-in mechanism to hone the blade when you slide the knife blade in and out.
- This knife has a high-quality blade
- The knife has an ergonomic handle for comfortable gripping
- This knife has a self-sharpening mechanism equipped on the storage sheath.
The storage sheath has an inbuilt mechanism for sharpening the blade every time you put it in and out. The knife is light as it weighs just 0.25 pounds
2. Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s
A chef knife with an 8-inch length is recommendable for most jobs, including carving, slicing, dicing, and even cutting. Every chef’s dream knife has a quality and very sharp blade to make sure one has an easy time cutting foods in the kitchen. The stainless steel blade is treated against corrosion, rust, and even fades. Thus, you can always rinse your knife with water after every use. The knife has a straight edge style for smooth cutting through the foods you are preparing.
- This is a versatile chef knife
- The knife has a solid and long blade ideal for carving all foods
- The knife is safe to wash in a dishwasher
With blade size of 8 inches, this knife is safe for all carving jobs in the kitchen. The handle has thermoplastic elastomers for comfort and ensures you get a perfect hand grip.
1. Mac Knife Professional 8 Inch Hollow Edge Chef Knife
This knife has a thick blade of 2.55 mm that adds stability to the knife when slicing through the food. This knife has unique dimple-like patterns on the edge that drive it to cut through greasy foods to ensure you achieve accurate cuts and prevent accidents. This is a multifunctional knife that you can also use for curving since it has a long blade of 8 inches.
- This knife has a hollow designed blade safe for carving and other cutting jobs
- The knife is thick and stable
- The knife can cut most foods, including slippery ones
This knife is made with an alloy steel blade resistant to rusting and corrosion when exposed to moisture. The knife has a pakkawood handle for comfort and durability.
Chef’s knives are the most versatile knives used in the culinary world. These knives give you control when chopping, slicing, dicing, and even cutting foods to cook or serve. Most chef knives have sharp blades that easily cut through different kinds of foods. Well, our review consists of the ten best professional chef knives worth buying.